Thursday, July 8, 2010

*Pick Your Poison*


Everyone has their "poison" that seems to wash away all their problems... I have many... Depending on the day and mood it varies from an ice cold Bud Light to some cheap tequila... What is it about alcohol that makes your worries and fears disappear?? Alcohol can turn a boring day into an interesting night. For my past birthday a couple of friends and I went to Panama City for Spring Break(which happened to fall on my birthday) and alcohol was our main man.. We drank sun up to sun down. One of those nights we went out to some club and the band was playing all of the songs a drunk wants to hear.. Being in my drunken stooper, I decided to get up on stage and dance with the band... This was followed by me(back towards the audience) trying to head-bang and GRACEFULLY falling backwards into the crowd, their mic in my hand... Besides the horrible bruises and sore ass the next day, it was a blast! Anyone that knows me, knows I would not be the skank girl dancing on stage on a normal night... But the liquor was flowing and I had ambitions of being a groupy... That is one week I will never remember but never forget.. Alcohol was our greatest asset. Ever heard the phrase "tequila loves me even when you don't?" well if you haven't; Use it and love it. Everyone wants to go out and get hammered after a heavy breakup or a horrible fight... why is that?? I believe I live this answer... The answer is because alcohol is always there. It's convenient, it's cheap, it doesn't have an opinion, and the more you drink the more you love the taste. You could be as sad as ever and after a few drinks you could care less that your boyfriend is mad or broke up with you.. You are more worried about this ugly guy following you around at the bar who wants to buy you drinks all night. Alcohol does have it's bad points and some people you learn to hate when they are all liquored up.. Ever had that stupid guy/girl who is drunker than a skunk, telling you their life story (which you could care less about) and then trying to get you to come home with them... These are what I like to call "DRUNK CREEPERS".. Everyone knows one.. and personally I would like to thank all these people because if they weren't around who would you talk about the next day or get to buy you white castle at the end of the night?? My point in writing this was simple... I love alcohol.. I am not an alcoholic but it is one of the best man made things we have... After a glass of wine, a bottle of beer, or a bottle of tequila; your lips starts to go numb, your smile widens and all yours cares in the world are drown into that bottle until reality hits you in the ass the next day... Now of course alcohol has its downfalls.. Its killed many people( people who shouldn't be drinking anyways), it causes families to break up( that should have been anyways) and it does sometimes, cause some nasty hangovers.. But who doesn't love it??? You get drunk, worry about yourself and your good time and that's that... One quote that I just love even though it really doesn't pertain to any of the above... "A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts"... Remember this next time you get that drunk dial! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment